0




The police may have deployed a special squad to collect fingerprints from the two banks attacked by robbers in Festac Town, a suburb of Lagos on Tuesday.

Both banks have been cordoned off with police patrol vehicles.


It was gathered that the anti-bomb squad concentrated efforts in areas, such as the strong room and other places the hoodlums went to.

A police source said  Tuesday’s robbery was the last the armed gang would execute, adding that the police won’t rest until they are caught.

He said the criminals were the same gang that attacked commercial banks in Lekki and Ikorodu earlier this year, adding that the police observed the similarity in their  tactics.

The Inspector General of Police (IGP), Solomon Arase, has directed that the mobile policemen assigned to secure the affected banks be quizzed.

At the area yesterday, the armed police and soldiers deployed there on Tuesday had left the neighbourhood and normalcy had been restored.

But for Pastor Peter Ndirika, the husband and father of Jane Beluchukwu-Ndirika and Nmesoma (14-month-old baby) both killed by stray bullets, the pain was yet to go away.

The widower said his daughter was buried on Tuesday night while his wife’s body had been deposited at the mortuary.

Reliving his experience, Ndirika said he was at the mechanic’s workshop when he got the news his wife was hit by stray bullets in their living room.

“I ran home and saw a pool of blood in my living room. I met people in the house and asked whose blood it was and I was told me it was my wife’s.

“I asked for the hospital she was taken to and when I got there, I saw her lifeless and then I asked about my daughter.

“They told me that they have taken her to navy hospital at Satellite Town. I took my wife to Mother and Child Hospital at First Gate, where they said she was dead.

“I refused to accept and took her to the Chosen Hospital and they told us to take her to a general hospital, we then took her to the Alimosho General Hospital.

“It was there that she was confirmed dead. I was still in shock when I received a phone call from my wife’s younger brother who told me my daughter was dead.

“I don’t blame anybody. God allowed it happen; I believe nothing happens without His permission.

“We all should learn from what has happened. As she’s gone, I know she and my daughter are in a better place. And to all of us still living today, we are all going to meet her because death is inevitable.”

Post a Comment

 
Top